Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Gateway to Fourline Trilogy Reviews

Gateway to FourlineGateway to Fourline by Pam Brondos
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thoroughly enjoyed this foray into fantasy. I'm a huge fan of gateway fantasies like Narnia and Alice In Wonderland and while Fourline isn't filled with magical creatures, the adventure Natalie Barnes finds there is nothing short of magical.

View all my reviews

On the Meldon PlainOn the Meldon Plain by Pam Brondos
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Meldon Plain has it all, adventure, romance and like its predecessor, a unique twist on the fantasy genre. I'm a huge fan of parallel world stories, like Narnia. Gates of Fourline pulled me in from the get-go, with it's capable heroine, unique love story and a well-rounded ensemble cast of characters. I was thrilled when I discovered the next installment was already available and like before, dove right in. Natalie left things in a bad lurch last time. Her family is estranged, she's been avoiding her new friends and she carries the scars from her last journey to Fourline. Desperate times call her back, this time as the warrior she pretended to be before. Fourline grows in breadth and legend in this second part of the trilogy. The Nala are eerie and frightening as they should be and Natalie has come into her own as a Warrior Sister. I loved watching her journey as they embark on a rescue mission and join forces with the resistance and exiled Sisters. Excited to see where our characters end up next! Now I have to go pre-order the sequel...

View all my reviews The Last RemnantThe Last Remnant by Pam Brondos
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

At last! Natalie, Soris and Annin have come full circle in their quest for the freedom of Fourline & found their own happiness at the end. The Last Remnant was full of action, answers and all-encompassing romance, everything you want in the conclusion of a trilogy. While I would have liked to see a little more Nat/Soris love, I was satisfied with the way their story ended. The final, epic battle was rich Brondos delivers a strong first trilogy and showcases her gift for weaving the mundane with the fantastical. She is an author to watch!

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment