Sunday, December 6, 2015

Review for Derrolyn Anderson's "The Mackenzie Legacy" (Athena Effect #2)


The Mackenzie Legacy (The Athena Effect, #2)The Mackenzie Legacy by Derrolyn Anderson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Fantastic sequel to The Athena Effect! It had been a few years since I read the first book of this series, but I had no problem diving back into the world Anderson as crafted. Much like her series, "Marina Tales", Athena Effect remains strong throughout, rather than lagging as some sequels do. While I enjoyed Cal and Cali's adventures across the Pacific Northwest and Nevada, I really wanted to know what was happening with the twins this time around.
The Mackenzie Legacy is packed with even more action and suspense than its predecessor and keeps the reader hooked until the spellbinding climax. I wasn't prepared for the big reveal when it came, yet pleasantly surprised by the new twist. Love the way Anderson brought elements from the first book and gave them new meaning in the sequel. She truly has a gift for weaving complex plots with multiple characters.
While I wanted to beat certain characters in the head a few times, the boys in particular, I was happy to see them grow and learn from their mistakes.
Anderson gives us a closer look into the past and the powers these characters possess and promises more in the next installment.
I couldn't wait to read "Caledonian Inheritance" and plan to start reading my new copy tonight.
A must read for any fans of paranormal romances and thrillers!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment