Saturday, July 18, 2015

"Under the Dome" by Stephen King

Under the DomeUnder the Dome by Stephen King
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Upon my friends' insistence, I chose Under the Dome as my first foray into the Stephen King universe. Without having seen the television show I had no basis to compare or go off of. I am pleased to report that Mr. King lives up to his hype. He is indeed a seasoned master storyteller, interweaving characters and plots with deft precision and keen ruthlessness. I began this novel ready for the long ride and enjoying the fun. Then somewhere around the middle I grew frustrated and increasingly frustrated. So many political intrigues! So many instances where the bad guys seemed to rule over the good with injustice. I had to force myself to continue, yet knew it would pay off eventually. I was right. The ending of this novel, while surprising in its twists was satisfying and gratifying. It was as though Mr. King sensed my growing frustration and took care of the large portion of the problem for me in the end. And his work reminded me why I love storytelling in the first place. Now I plan to read anything that is under a thousand pages.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I don’t know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

    ReplyDelete