Monday, January 5, 2015

"Flukes" by Nichole Chase


Flukes (Flukes, #1)Flukes by Nichole Chase
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This isn't my first introduction to Nichole Chase's fabulously fun writing. "Suddenly Royal" won me over with a dreamy landslide of imaginatively fulfilled girlhood fantasies, and "Flukes" was no different. Every little girl dreams of being a mermaid at some point and "Flukes" painted a fantastical picture of what happens when you grow up a sea monster with human parents. The additional island setting with its marine center offered a slightly more exotic but imaginable fantasy. While in my opinion there wasn't enough time devoted to understanding the whole mermaid mythos, along with its rules and such, the author provides enough to leave you wanting to know more. I enjoyed the romance, which wasn't too cheesy or over-the-top, while being just wonderful enough to add warmth and heat to the story. The characters are all interesting and enjoyable and I look forward to the next story penned by this author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment