Thursday, June 13, 2013

What I'm Reading :)

Since this is a book blog, I thought y'all might find it interesting to hear what I've been reading lately. Prepare yourselves because these are all epic books!

First up, I started reading a series called the Looking Glass Wars! If you love Alice in Wonderland, then you'd love the "true" story behind the fairy tale. It's got to be one of the coolest adaptations I've read. It's like a hodgepodge of Steam Punk, Fantasy and Historical Fiction in one haphazardly but affectionately wrapped bow! Go check it out!

You'll never look at "Alyss" the same way again...



Next, I started reading Game of Thrones, finally after watching nearly three whole seasons of the excellent TV Show. My best friends forbade me to finish the third season until I can come out to visit again, so I placated myself by buying the first book in the Song of Ice and Fire series. And let me tell you, it more than lives up to all the hype. Having read Tolkien and Robert Jordan extensively, I have to say that this epic is the definitive of our generation. Now if he could only finish writing the series before they catch up to the last book!




Last but not least is Mortal Instruments! I bought this soon as I heard the movie was coming out. Because I hate seeing a movie without having read the book first. I was shocked to find out something that had its roots in fanfiction was this good! But, then again, I've read some fanfiction that's better than published work! Boo ya publishing houses ;) 

I'm almost finished with City of Bones, and have a feeling my pocketbook is gonna be lighter after I get desperate to read the sequel haha. So what are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment