Sunday, May 19, 2013

"Falling Ashes" Review

Falling Ashes (The Fire Mage Trilogy, #3)Falling Ashes by Kate Bloomfield
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Falling Ashes has it all, action, adventure, romance, and lots of warfare and magic of course. I loved this book simply because it brought back both old and new characters for a return visit. As well as introduced a huge plethora of Mages I had never met, my favorite of whom being Dagon and the water Mages and Fae who was a skewed version of "Brave" lol. This trilogy and its companion pieces have been a breath of fresh air, like the rest of Bloomfield's writing. You can rest assured that you won't read anything like this anytime soon, nor have you before. You simply have to dive in and let it soak you into this unique, dystopian world. While there are many things that were left unanswered or unexplored near the end, I felt satisfied if not sad. This book tugged at my heartstrings more than once, particularly the ending. Take a chance and dive into Bloomfield's imagination and prepare yourselves for one epic ride.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment