Friday, April 12, 2013

Books, Books and More Books: Stay - Jennifer Silverwood - Review

As an Indie authoress, and a newbie at this whole process in a nutshell, I've learned the best attitude to this business is humility. Nobody has time for a pompous jerk, or cares to get to know one. And the most important quality an Indie needs is just that, getting to know your fans. I've been so very honored to experience these back-to-back blog tours for Silver Hollow and the blast for "Stay."
Craziest moment for me was to find that a post I'd written on the origins of the characters' names ended up being the most discussed and popular, lol. Goes to show you never know what's going to intrigue people until you put yourself out there.
Anytime I'm tempted to take credit for my own merit, I just remember this verse that says: "What do you have that God hasn't given you? And if all you have is from God, why boast as though you have accomplished something on your own?"- 1 corinthians 4:7
It's a true story! And I'm reminded that those special fits of inspiration, those moments where even a newbie like me somehow transcends the usual run-of-the-mill drabble, when I hear from readers who care enough to review my books.
Lately I signed up for the New Adult Book Club on Goodreads' R&R program. It's really stinkin' awesome. You sign up and you get the chance to read someone's book for free, long as you post your review somewhere plus Goodreads. Stay ended up being more popular that I was prepared for. And this latest review, from a British reader, literally left me humbled, speechless and slightly cowed, haha. Have a gander and be amazed at her own gift of critical prose:


Books, Books and More Books: Stay - Jennifer Silverwood - Review: STAY - JENNIFER SILVERWOOD I received this brilliant book from Jennifer Silverwood as part of a read it-review it. I had not had ...

Now you've read her post, you should most definitely read the novel, right? Great! ;p



2 comments: