Saturday, April 13, 2013

Beautiful Writing

For a few years now, I've been collecting certain book passages in my journals, when I find delicious gems. Jean M. Auel, author of the "Earth's Children" series, is one such author, who always gives me a plethora of brilliance. 

               

Her descriptions can sometimes be overwhelming  but she does such an amazing job of sucking you into her world that you can't help but read more to see, taste and feel it. Here's a glimpse from my latest of her novels, "The Plains of Passage." 

"In the light of a moon that lacked only a sliver from being full, the monstrous bastion of ice glowed with an eerie, evanescent light. The black sky was hazy with stars, the air brittle and crackling with cold; an amorphous ether charged with a life of its own."

It doesn't get much better than that! Someday, I hope I can aspire to that kind of richness in my own writing. :) Have a fun and awesome Saturday, peeps! I'm off to work on revision projects. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment